With Europe shrouded in winter, what better place to immerse in a winter wonderland than deep in the Bavarian Alps – think snow-capped mountain peaks, sledges and hearty Bavarian cuisine…here are six activities you won’t want to miss before spring arrives!
1. Just 15km from Karma Bavaria, high in the Alps, is the pretty ski resort of Spitzingsee – strap on your skis or snowboard and enjoy an exhilarating ride through fresh powder, before partaking of some well-deserved après ski and a cup of mulled wine.
2. Want to take things at a more leisurely pace? The cross-country skiing could be for you! There’s no better way to drink in the stunning alpine landscape than this – and the tracks start right outside the hotel.
3. Feel like taking things even easier still without missing out on the magical winter environment? Let horses do the hard work, while you sit back in the plush upholstery of a traditional sledge with mulled wine to warm the cockles of your heart!
4. Once you’ve had your fill of the winter wonderland outside, head in for a swim in Karma Bavaria’s deliciously warm indoor pool and whirlpool. Relax those tired muscles with a sauna and steam bath or opt for some serious pampering at Karma Spa.
5. It’s not just about nature – this part of Bavaria is rich in culture, architecture and sights to see. The cities of Munich, Salzburg and Bad Tölz are just a short distance away where you’ll find spectacular markets, world class dining and shopping.
6. The food at Alpenclub is outstanding year-round and a great introduction to Bavarian cuisine How about five courses of top end fine dining, or a delicious Bavarian feast featuring classics like Schweinebraten and as many Steiners of beer as you can manage!